Through Stephen Ministry, Timothy Lutheran Church listens to the real life pains of our neighbors, and loves them in a Jesus kind of way. Stephen Ministers put their faith into practical living and lead others to the same so that they too will find healing for the things that have hurt and wounded them in their lives. Stephen Ministers listen to the voice of God, love others as they have been loved, and bring faith and hope into the lives of those who are hurting, and lead others to the same.
What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties or changes in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is...
· A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
· A congregation member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role
· A lay person who has received training in providing emotional and spiritual care
· A caring, Christian who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages.
· Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there's a need
A Care Receiver is...
Someone who could benefit from the support of a caring Christian in the face of a crisis or difficulty such as—
· Loss of a loved one
· Divorce or separation
· Loneliness or discouragement
· Spiritual crisis
· Unemployment or a job crisis
· A terminal illness
· Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
· A chronic illness
· Recovery after an accident or disaster
· And many more